A very warm welcome to you and thank you for your interest in our project!
This group has been created to involve people in the local and wider community, to crochet squares in order to create a Christmas tree.
The tree will be displayed next to St. Dionysius Church, Market Harborough during December 2021. We would love to include as many people as possible to make the granny squares, whether you are a beginner, who would like to learn how to crochet, or you are an experienced “crocheteer”.
- To bring together people in the community and help alleviate loneliness with a shared activity and purpose during lockdown and beyond.
- To promote the concept of craft as a positive force for helping with mental health and mindfulness.
- To bring a smile to people’s faces when they see the tree.
- To raise money for our nominated charity, HomeStart.
- To be eco-conscious by repurposing the crochet squares into blankets for donation.
- To share the joy of crochet and help teach beginners.
How can you help?
- Crochet granny squares according to the pattern. It’s important the squares are all the same size.
- Teach friends or family how to crochet so they can be included.
- Sew together squares to create the tree and later to make blankets.
- Donate acrylic yarn to help the project succeed.
- Donate to Homestart to help families in the community
- Promote the project to include as many people as possible to feel part of a community.